How can we request correction to the CCRA Report?
How can we request update on court data?
- You should review the report content upon receipt and contact D&B as soon as possible for clarification. Queries reported beyond 90 days from the Report Issue Date could require a longer investigation process.
- If you think any of your data held by the CCRA is inaccurate or incomplete, you should complete a Dispute Report form to indicate what the correct data should be. Providing supporting documents will speed up the investigation process.
- It is generally faster to contact D&B to request for correction although you may also contact your lending institution(s) to report a dispute.
The Court section in the CCRA report may contain public record details of commercial and general Writs and Petitions for Winding-up as filed in the High Court and District Court, Claims as filed in the Small Claims Tribunal and bankruptcy and compulsory and voluntary liquidation Orders as made dating back 2 years from the report date.
However, the claims identified in the CCRA report may have been paid, withdrawn or settled or may have resulted in judgment for or against the search subject, and the Orders may have been set aside, prior to the date this report was printed. To provide a status update on the public record item(s), SMEs should contact D&B with the following procedures:
- Proof by way of the original or certified true copies of document(s) is required prior to D&B's updating the status of the public record in CCRA report.
- SMEs are reminded to seek consent from the Plaintiff before supplying documents that are subject to commercial confidentiality. An example of such documents is judgment issued by Court.
- When the status update involves a payment settlement that the SME has made, SME can provide cheque/money order copies showing bank crossings or bank statements evidencing the transaction.
- Upon receipt and verification of the supporting documents, D&B will update the status.
Please click here to view and download the Data Update Request Form (PDF 204KB).
What will happen after we report a dispute?
- A lending institution or D&B, upon receipt of a dispute reported, will contact you as soon as reasonable to obtain details on the dispute and provide clarifications.
- If the dispute cannot be resolved within a reasonable timeframe, a Dispute Indicator will be displayed in the CCRA Report.
- All involved parties (including yourselves, lending institution(s), and D&B) should fully investigate, and if required, D&B will make necessary report amendments.
- You will receive a free report after correction is made.
Please click here to view and download the Dispute Report Form (PDF 105KB).
What if a dispute could not be resolved?
If you have an unresolved dispute with the CCRA or a lending institution, you may contact the HKMA in writing at:
Address: 55/F, Two International Finance Centre, 8 Finance Street, Central, Hong Kong.
If you want to find out more about how to request correction, please contact us
Alternatively, click here to provide with your contact details
and a CCRA customer service officer will contact you within the next business day.